BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (BCA)
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a technical perspective of education combined with Management, which aims to provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge of computer and its application. BCA in Prime College aims to produce qualified computer software developers having a wide range of knowledge in the technical field. Students gain the ideology to solve different computer based business and industrial level problems.
Affiliation: Tribhuvan University Program Duration: 4 years Semesters: 8 Eligibility: Minimum grade CGPA 1.8 in Plus Two or minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL or Equivalent in any discipline.
What after BCA ?
- Computer & Information System Manager
- Computer System Specialist
- Network & Computer System Administrator
- IT Officer
- Database Administrator
- Computer System Analyst
- System Designers
- Programmers in IT Companies
BCA graduates can pursue higher studies in:
- M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications)
- MIT (Master in Information Technology)
- MBA (Master in Business Administration)
- MIM (Master in Information Management)
Scope and Career Prospects
Computer has become an inevitable part of our daily lives. Most of the work today is done with the help of a computer. With the demand of computers, comes the demand of computer operators. Though, most of us are aware and skilled to use the basic application in a computer, there is always a need of a professional with qualification to get work done quickly and efficiently.
Software developer and different IT professional develops different types of applications and computer games. This is one of the popular posts that has a great demand on the market and is highly paid as well. Some popular IT companies in Nepal which are hiring computer apps professionals are given below:
Nepasoft Solutions, E-Prabidhi, Info Developers, Verisk, Deerwalk, Worldlink Communications, Fusemachines, Young Innovations, ebPearls, and many more.
Objectives of the Program are:
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application as programmer and software developers.
- To provide knowledge about various tools and techniques used in software development.
- To enhance the skill of students to create solutions of technical problems that arises in industrial, commercial as well as in government companies.
- To provide students a fine base to continue their studies further in MIT, MBA, MCA, etc.
Course Composition (Semester wise)
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications
- Society and Technology
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Digital Logic
- C Programming
- Financial Accounting
- English II
- Mathematics II
- Microprocessor and Computer Architecture
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Probability and Statistics
- System analysis and design
- OOP in Java
- Web Technology
- Operating System
- Numerical Methods
- Software Engineering
- Scripting Language
- Database Management System
- Project I
- MIS and E-Business
- DotNet Technology
- Computer Networking
- Introduction to Management
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Mobile Programming
- Distributed System
- Applied Economics
- Advanced Java Programming
- Network Programming
- Project II
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics
- Cloud Computing
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Operations Research
- Project III
- Elective III
- Elective IV
Message from Principal
Prime College is not only one of the leading educational institutions of Nepal, but it is also a hub for innovation, creativity, and inspiration. Since its establishment in early 2000s, Prime College has continued to nurture and guide its students to be innovative thinkers and inspired scholars to thrive in the 21st century while possessing a strong sense of social responsibility and community service.